i cant take credit for creating these points, but i do feel they are great and i want to share them with as many folks as i can. we always wonder what its like to know when you have found the one…or the second time you have found the one…either way you want to know if the mate you have selected will be around for a long time–if not forever.
here are 10 things i read recently which fully spoke to me:
“So chances are, there is more than one person out there who fits the bill for you. All of them are less than perfect. But if there are no perfect partners, how can you know whether to stay or go? Here are 10 relationship markers to help you know if he or she is The One:
1. When you’re together you feel like you’ve come home.
2. You feel like your partnership was meant to be, as if kissed by destiny.
3. In your communication with each other there is a rapid “knowing” of what each of you means.
4. You have a shared mission in life, perhaps a cause, a career, or the creation of a family life.
5. When you’re together the world seems like a better place.
6. Your mood is elevated when you’re together. It’s not necessarily passion or excitement, although that’s there too at times.
7. When you look at him/her you see a part of yourself that’s been missing. Perhaps it’s her assertiveness or his joy of adventure. But it’s something that when added to your life, makes you feel more complete.
8. Being together makes you more hopeful about the future you are creating.
9. You can be more authentic and fully yourself around your partner.
10. Being together makes each of you work harder on overcoming bad habits and becoming more loving people.
Don’t worry if you don’t feel all 10 of these things when you’re with your partner. That’s where the imperfection comes in — either in you or your partner. If you are experiencing six or more of these markers, chances are you are matched well. Over time you can work towards having all of these qualities. Couples who have lasting love find that their relationships get closer and better over time. And that process has been my privilege and good fortune to experience personally — after a lot of hard work that continues to this day!”
Here is a link to the full article on Yahoo!